L'itineraire

dimanche 8 juin 2008

On the road to Rijeka!

Yea i had enough of this rain and greyness!

So i hitch hick my way to Rijeka, where i will try to meet Dejan my friend from Beli/Rijeka two years ago! The hick is not easy, i first say goodby to Goran and Marko who wait for a cab (1 hour!) A german dude gets me down the mountain to the lake, from there on a Woman (first woman) takes me for a couple kilometers. She makes me laugh, she is a doctor and she speaks non stop of horrible car accidents will driving 100km/h down that turning road. Next a truck driver will take me to Rijeka, he does not speak a word of english or german, language barrier but does not matter, we understand each other on the basics. After posting post cards and spending my last Euros, i stand and wait for a ride to Croatia...


I ll stand like this for about 2h...

A mixed guy (Croatian Bosnian Slovenian something wicked) pikes me up and talks to me in Italian :) He drops me at the exit for Rijeka. There a truck driver driving home in his small car after 3 days work takes me to the last village before the border. There i ll wait for quite some time again before a young guy in a german car picks me up. Tought this was the first time a tourist would pick me up but no, he is coming home from germany where he works, to Rijeka... He invites me home where we have a great dinner cooked by his mom. Thanks again for that Zvonko! He will also fix me a room in the red cross building, for 10 euros a night.

The view from my room, thought about you Arno seeing all these containers!

My illuminated face after a couple beers with Zvonko and his mat.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Quelle blonde

Niko a dit…

Hey Dayday!
Mec j'avais plus vu ton blog depuis le 1er message! T'as l'air de pas trop te faire chier dis donc, tu me rends jaloux. Fais gaffe quand même aux ours! On a bien reçu ta carte de Bled (quel beau nom!) et on commence à subir l'euro de plein fouet. T'as loupé les klaxons des portugais. Si non, ben les soirées continuent malgré la météo pourrie. Vivapoly, tit festival, Usine... Et en août, c'est presque sûr que je descende en Serbie avec PJ.
Allez bamboulé!!
Biz