L'itineraire

jeudi 26 juin 2008

Kotor castles!

So that evening, Milian kindly made a detour from his route and droped me in Kotor where he introduced me to his friends. Since he had been driving since 3 this morning, he did not join us for a beer. His friends where very kind and welcoming, showing me the city, the places to be and explaining that here it is so small that everybody knows everybody. This might explain why the fancy dressed young girls looked a little perturbated by walking whith a stranger with a hudge backpack in the small streets of Kotor Stari grad (old town). So they might even have been some small talk about me :) I droped my bag in the car trunk and we go to one of them fancy bars. Expensiv drink, pop music, the girls love it, the guys decide to go and find something else: a pub with cheep beer and rock music :)
Around 1 am, my compagny has to go home, tomorrow is a working day. I take my bag and make a n attempt to get into the world famous (so i was told) "Maximus" nightclub ... As you could have expected this from a worldfamous club, they did not want to let me drop my bag at the cloakroom and i could not get a glance of the club and only got part of its banging electro sounds... A bit disapointed i made my way out of the old town finding a nice spot to sleep.
The Boka bay at 5 am. Early wakeup by some fisherman as usual when sleeping by the sea...
Walking up the Streets to the castle, not a soul up at this early time of the day!
The stairs along wich some brave venitian soldiars must have been defending the castle from the turks (i m guessing there, nobody was around to give me a history lesson but i know this castle was a Venitian forteress ...)The view on the bay from the top of the castle

Small Kotoran old town streets, rare delivery cars drive through theese streets in the mornings, you better not own a Hummer...

After last nights disapointment and the expensive price of nights here (100€ for hotel and no hostels...), i decide to make my way further... no idea where but away from here :)

2 commentaires:

ADIL a dit…

"Walking up the Streets to the castle, not a soul up at this early time of the day!"

Loved this shot. Reminds me of Girona. Is this place some 800 years old ? I think you should also include the amount of money you spend at different places. Kind of "Money meter" Also of interest will be to know the gears you are carrying in your backpack. Travel tips can be also helpful for people like me who want to follow your footprints soon. I am very eagerly waiting to see how you travel from Turkey to India. All the best and enjoy.

DayDay a dit…

Thanks! I think it is from the 15th century.
For what regards money it is very different, it goes from 5€ a day to 20€ in a night... but the average until know is 25 a day and was 10 in Montenegro, back to 24 in Belgrade. Its a bit higher than what i expected but i have not been saving on good food, sports and nightlife. Money meter is to complicated for me...
The part from Turkey to India is definatly going to be VERY interesting. I just met 2 german comming from there. But i think it will be in longer time than what i planed... i enjoy the Balkans very much!
I planed to do an inventory sometime...