L'itineraire

samedi 14 juin 2008

The end of that day....

First off all thank to all of those who post encouraging comments, or messages on facebook, or mails!! Adli, i m sorry i checked before choosing the address but i still got it wrong.... So that everybody knows, it is Delhi not Dehli...

Now to the end of that day...
The drive with the guy from Rijeka... why does my memory have to fail that often with names... If you reed this, what was your name?? Anyway we spent the drive listening to Drum n Bass, talking about Berlin, Amsterdam, London, about the "Tresor" and other meccas of electronic musics:) He then dropped me at the entrance number two of the parc, since Marco did not mention the existence of two entries, i just piked one on random... It was all readz 8pm and since he told it ll take an hour and a half, i had a look at the map there, said goodbye to my ride (thanks again for dropping me right there!) and decided i had an hour and a half beforeit got dark and that i would make it to the hut in time (it was about the time Marco told me it would take). And anyway i m well equipped, it is not going to rain in the next day so i can sleep outside in the worst case i told myself... Since the office was closed, i wanted to make a picture of the big map, not to get lost. Surprise, my camera did not work anymore, i remembered now dropping it right after the last pictures you saw... So no picture of the map and no pictures of Paklenica...
I decided to go anyway, this is a tourist destination, i got food, something to sleep, there are water points all over the place so no reason to wait for tomorrow. And it ll save me the entrance fee since nobody is there. Five minuits on my way i just made it over that greenish 50cm snake without stepping on it... I v seen Aussie black snakes this tiny one is not gonna make me turn around :) The light is beautiful, i have no camera so i have to describe a bit of this, sorry if it gets long.... Its beautifully orange as it gets at sunset, the reddish clay and white rocks are just stunning.
The way up that creek, actually its more like a canyon is great. Slightly challenging with my 14kilo backpack in that dry riverbed. The stones are all washed, the track nicely marked, in fact it seems like stones have been arranged to make the way easy and comfy. To bad i m in a slight hurry because of darkness and that i have no camera to immortalize this. I keep making my way up the steeper and steeper path to that hut i still believe is within reach. Light gets dimer and the scene is unreal, the white stones reflect so much of the moon light and the marking remain well visible. After about an hour and a half walk it gets darker, and still no sight of a hut, i keep following the marks but see no signs with names... I get out my torch and decide to keep looking for the hut, it must be close! The scene gets surreel in that darkness with my led torch creating this whitish blueish light around me...
I have to face it, i have been walking for two hours, well over a normal rhythm despite the heavy pack, i m getting tired and wont make it to the hut. Even though i was prepared to this possibility i did not expect it to happen and it does not make me feel safe to be alone in this park, on a track but not exactly sure on which one... So i keep walkin and try to learn my lesson from this experience. As i hear a river sparkling, i decide this is the place to stop, i finaly found some water and a nice place from where i can see the stars and find 2 trees to put up my hamac. After getting of my completely wet clothes, putting on something warm, cooking up a hut dinner, i make myself comfortable in my hamac and keep thinking about lessons i could learn from this. I don't feel completely safe i have to admit, so i think about positive things, exhausted i rapidly fall asleep in the middle of that park sourounded by wilderness...

Sorry Mom and Dad, sorry Judith if this made you worry, believe it i learned my lesson. Though thinking back about that (now about 3 weeks later) i think the only thing i have done wrong was to be in a hurry and have an empty phone battery...

Aucun commentaire: