L'itineraire

jeudi 19 juin 2008

The arrival in Bol

The hike to Bol is fairly easy, a woman (second on that trip!) dropes me there :
From where i get a ride with Jure, a delivery man and his friend Damir. They are working exceptionally late on this Saturday and are telling me about life in Croatia. It ain't easy, working hard and getting little pay, but you have to take it when you have responsibilities, you have to earn the money somehow. I truly respect those guys and meeting and talking with people like them makes me realize how lucky i am to be able to do what i am doing. Most of you guys reading this should also realize this. After deliveing the hotel with some food:
I decide i will never eat an omelet in a hotel again... See those 5 big white packs, well they are the eags for breakfast and omelets... premixed into these 10kilo packs you can serve them just like you serve vine out of a "goon bag", using the valve. Appetizing isn't it?? The rest is all caned food, tomato concentrate, olives and tuna... On an island where tomatoes grow, olives are allover the place and the fish is right there this is just chocking... O and the yellow pack in the back on the right side, well thats for the German! precooked pre-sliced potatoes for there favorite salad! never travel in big hotels! As you will see in the next posts, i paid nothing close to what they pay and had great food, great vine and superb olive oil!
After the delivery, we had a bit more of a chat with Jure and Damir. "Slazem se" right? We just agreed on so many things! Would be really pleased if you leave a message or email me!
I them made my way to find a nice spot to sleep. I got a cocktail at the bar the German girls told me about. Chill out music, but the styling of the place should have warned me about what i got. An expensive cocktail, a condescended barman and a bit of a down in my mood after the great time with the delivery guys.
I then found a spot on the beach and had a bit of sleep looking forward to the windsurf tomorrow!

Aucun commentaire: