L'itineraire

mercredi 25 juin 2008

Bol - Dubrovnik ??

[dadoudoudou dadadada ... Sting still sings in my head :) Last night, the real time last night not the blog time last night The Police where playing in Belgrade, nice show! I have to write a few posts to keepathe blog running but the sun is shining outside so i ll be brief, at least i ll try...]
So, After 5 or 6 very nice days in Bol doing all sorts of sports and taking a rest in that nice place i decided to move on. Sinice it is quite tiering to move all the time and i was happy to stay a bit longer in one place and am now fully pumped up with more energy and will to discover! (and my cloth are clean again!) I drop in at the windsurf camp to say goodbye and have one more chat with Vlado. Vlado was very kind to me, besides tips for windsurfing, he showed me his family's summer cottage in the hights of Bol. There his dad has a small wineyard and some olive trees. They make their own red wine and i got to taste my first red croatian wine and even got an whole bottle offered which i drank at the camping with some young an older guy from round the world, chatting about exil, beeing a refugee, politics and the sitation in the Balkans and much more....
So after saying goodbuy to Vlado at the windsurf camp, i wait for the showers to pass and get on my way! First hike with some polish people takes me to a village up on the island top where i try to find a nice local lamb grill but find only a hot chocolate, again waiting for the rain to pass... The next ride then takes me to Selca:
Leaving Selca
From there, the ferry will take me back on land, to Makarska. Small wonder in this city will prove once again that most smaller cities in Croatia have these small streets and this touch of anciant times. Very nice and easy.
Makarska main square.

Making my way to the main road however is not so easy... i walk through not so nice parts of Makarska and realize it is not all about the nice little center. After wainting for some time in the sun, by the road, a delivery truck stops and takes me along. The driver says he goes to Dubrovnik but he also getts further down to Tivat, Montenegro. We chat a lot, he is a very nice dude and convinces me to check out Kotor on a friday night, it will be party time for the young and the city is so nice... So i pass Dubrovnik, just getting a nice look of it at sunset.

The dark side of Dubrovnik, hudge Ferry, not so nice houses...
The brighter side, a bay with the old city everbody knows.
My longest ride so far! Thanks Milian! This pic is at sunset, at the border between Croatia and Montenegro.

Ok long enought for this post, more about Kotor tomorrow!

Aucun commentaire: