L'itineraire

samedi 5 juillet 2008

On the road to Belgrade, you have to raft!

Next morning, our ways go different ways... Alain is going back south, going for Albania (check out his blog, its in the link list!) I m going north, to Belgrade!

Some of the most amazing story happened this day!! (13 June)

Out of the village.
I rapidly get a ride with a Belgian couple, on their way to rafting. They drop me on the bridge from where i look down and think i have to get closer to this beautiful clear water! So down i walk, drop my bag at the restaurant and after getting slightly lost, a dirt road gets me down to a small not so nice beach from where i decide to continue trough the jungle.

So i manage to get closer to the bridge, take some pictures, see some rapids and some rafts going down them... but i walked some hour in this jungle and dont want to turn around...

A bit further i find this nice bouldering rock, where are you Alain!

A lost boot by the Tara...

This is when the crazy stuff happened. As i was making my way up some snake infested, way too steep stones (ok i dramatised this a bit), i hear some yelling behind me... Its the Belgian driving down the river and making big signs! The tell me to get closer, I run down, jump from stone to stone and catch up with the raft. The raft main rower invites me on board, I jump in!

And their i am, i a raft on river Tara! With the two Belgian,

And Slavko, my saviour !

he is very nice and we exchange two three sentences. He proposes to take me down to the end and then drive me back to the bridge where he has his camp site! Of course i agree and as we get to the end of the raft tour, i offer him a glass of rakjia to celebrate this improbable encounter! I then share the Belgians meal, my first task of authentic local food, some smoked ham, fresh cheese, fresh tomatoes and lamb meat! Odlicno! Delicious!
We the drive back and i talk with the Belgian about the mountains, it turns out their are the ones who left us some bred and this ridiculous red bandanna they found on their way! what a small world!
And i soon realize the camp we are driving at, is the one recommended to us by the mad driver some days ago! I i also rapidly realize i m not going to Belgrade anymore...

And this is where i ll stay tonight, and my new friend!

Aucun commentaire: