L'itineraire

jeudi 24 juillet 2008

Off to Romania!

After 2 weeks in Belgrade, I decided to attend Exit on the long weekend in about 10 days and bought a ticket for all 4 days off this crazy festival and to explore a bit further east in the meanwhile.
So i start getting ready, laundering, posting, mailing and check my facebook profile. There big surprise checking my friend status updates, i read Cristina is getting ready for Romania!! This cant be possible, i quickly send an sms and ask her when and where she will be. What a surprise! We met in Sydney about 5 years ago and we didn't see each other for more than 2 years! She will be in Bucharest in the time i am in Romania so we can meet there!
Hitchhiking my way out of Belgrade is as in all big city not so easy. I get a tram out of town, wait long time before a get a ride with a dad and son for 30 km. The driving of the father is like his reflexes, very fast :) (don't worry mom, safety belts were available). I then wait for more than an hour, see the father and son drive past me again and about 20 buses stopping there... After so much waiting i decided to catch the next bus for the next town : Smederevo.

Smederevo


From there i walk a lot before finally jump on a driving bus where to driver drives with open doors and listens to loud rock music! I jump off at a crossing and catch an other ride with a auto mechanics / pumpman ( he had a huge pump in his truck ). And as the night is falling, i get a ride with a man from Kosovo going to meet his wife in a small town around Pozarevac. As he drops me, it is getting really dark and i decide to sleep somewhere around here.

Blurry sunset

Aucun commentaire: