L'itineraire

mardi 8 juillet 2008

Leaving Tara and getting stuck once again

I spent most of my Sunday chillin, sewing my back pack and a small leather wallet.

I was expecting ot get a good night of sleep but my hosts had other planes, we went to Nevenas cousins place, the Ring bar and had some drinks until late, I got to hear some singing and some jokes. I real appreciate the people here, so simple, easygoing and welcoming. Also i learn the the mad man who drove us up to the bridge with his combie a week ago is a cousin and actually gave us a visit card for the very same camping i m staying at!
Leaving on the next day is not easy, I really like the people here and Slavko even told me i d be his Kum on his wedding. Don't know the word for this in English but it something like the Temoin in french. I get i Tara Rafting t shirt, hugs from everybody as they leave with a French couple to go rafting. I also say goodbye to the dog who follows me out to the entry of the camp.
After half an hour, no car picked me up, Slavko shows up again and drives me a couple kilometer further. There i get a sandwich and coffee, listen to the angry talk of Gile about the politician and mafia in Montenegro... Gile then takes me to Pljevlja were we have a beer. It is 1 pm and i am a couple kilometers from the Serbian border. But hitchhiking does really not work well today...


And that is one of the reasons why... there is a huge waiting line :) and i seem to be forgotten every time someone stops... First time i am confronted to this, i remain calm and chilled :)

I use the time waiting to make this beautiful gravure.

After 2-3 more hours nobody stopped, i engage conversation with a young guy at the fence next to the road, watching me with a smile. Where are from he asks. And we start chatting, it starts raining so he invites me in their garage where him and his brother are painting cars. They are real friendly and offer me chocolate, juice and some Serbian lessons :)
I get back on the road but still don't have any succes for an hour so i give up and joined the brothers for dinner, get the best burek i ve eaten so far, a potato, cheese burek made by their mother. I am really tired from this night and take a nap in their car. We then have coffee, wait for the car to be painted. They show me a nice small hotel and we go out for a beer. They tell me about the cities history, the culture and the people. They also tell me about Serbian education, about N Tesla and Einsteins wife who was Serbian and supposedly is the author of everything Einstein said :) They are very proud of Serbian education and actually have some reasons to be. As simple car painters their know much more about French history, math and physics than many university students i know...

Aucun commentaire: