L'itineraire

vendredi 10 octobre 2008

A day with Wilson and Toni

Despite his test today, Wilson continues to show the greatest hospitality and kindness. No stress, it seems that as he told me, he is ready. He has worked all year and it is not a couple more hours that will change his performance at todays test. I do agree and wish i could have been hanging out at the beach on a sunny day just before going to my final exam... Because that is what we did today. He showed me Cold Beach, the beach which is half sea, on the bottom, and half spring water, the 2 cold centimeters on the top. Here the springs of Vlora flow out of the rocks, into the sea. The waters are crystal clear and the spring water is cold and delicious.

After Wilson leaves me for his exam, i hang around the beach a bit longer and then head for an intenret cafe. After too much sun, the 4 hours i spend there are at least a little fresh.

I then meet Wilson and Toni for a coffee and some food. As Wilson goes to sleep, I have an excited chat with Toni where i tell him my anger about some of my friends... (wont tell any names but moahahah you might be reading this now) Those friends who were so revolted, talking about how shitty capitalism is and that they will never work in a bank, in an insurance company or any place their conscience has a problem with. Well some of them forgot all the smart talk. Some other friends dare telling me i am soooo lucky to do what i do. Damn, the people i meet around here have to trespass law to come visit me or go through a shitload of paperwork and corrupt administration... Not talking about the fact that to raise the money for the cheapest train ticket from Geneva to Paris they need to work a week if they spend spending nothing at all... ohh and even if they had paper and money, they still have to keep their family fed and cared for... THEY can tell me i m lucky, NOT YOU who has freedom to move any place and the opportunity to save up for a month trip in one or two month of work... Makes me sick to hear this, and i hope i don’t hear it again. If you want to do this, do it, you probably can. Ouuups sorry I said this :)

Ok that was for a bit of smart talk of mine... Sorry for those whom it does not concern, i will calm down now and enjoy my luck, listen to the waves, check out the crystal waters and be silent :)



VLORA

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

DD where are the pictures?? What happen to your positiv way of mind? Where else will you go next? And where are the answers to all the questions you have and that I share?

I should be journalist, I like to ask questions to others without thinking if there is actually any posible answer to it!

Kiss DD, and BAaaaaaaaaaaaahh Foin foin

Anonyme a dit…

Ouai ! bien balance la reponse au commentaire ebahi que j´ai aussi souvent entendu de la part de compatriotes : "Whaaa, t´en a de la chance...", "J´aimerais bien pouvoir en faire autant... (mais si je le fais pas c´est moins une question de moyens que de volonte)"

Je vois que tu as traverse des phases de doutes et d´egarement, ca m´est aussi arrive je crois que c´est le lot de tout voyageur au long cours. Gardes ton pouce bien droit et gardes aussi le sourire, je viens de t´aider a faire du chiffre!! lol
Alain